1. Your opponent was able to shuck or throw you by because you are leaning and heavy with your left hand or collar tie hand. Always attempt to move your opponent with a collar tie not simply hold the head. Please see following videos inside library: Offensive Tie-Up Positions/Controlling Ties
2. You need to close the distance when attempting to capture a Russian tie along with keeping your head looking at your opponent and not down. Please see following videos inside library: capturing Russian 2 on 1 from collar tie
3. Always attempt to stay below your opponent’s hips when finishing basic shots especially on the single leg takedown. Please see following videos inside of library: Shoulder roll attack below hips and Defending Single Leg Attack on Mat
KOLAT.COM Critique of the Week™ Video
Critique of the Week is a service provided to users of KOLAT.COM. If you are looking to have your wrestling analyzed by Cary to identify specific problems, areas that need work, or general analysis KOLAT.COM is here to help.
The Critique of the Week video on KOLAT.COM will appear on the homepage as well as in our blog where written evaluation with detailed comments will provide links to techniques and drills in the KOLAT.COM video library aimed at improving on problem areas identified in the video.
To submit a video for Critique of the Week Video™ please follow the guidelines below:
* Must be a registered user on KOLAT.COM.
* Upload your video to YouTube in high quality format (videos that are not clear will not be evaluated)
* Send a YouTube link to email@example.com with your user name and indentify the wrestler you wish to be critiqued, the age group and hometown.
**We have many requests for this service so there is no guarantee that your video will be selected. We select and analyze videos which will deliver the maximum benefit & learning experience for the individual as well as all our KOLAT.COM members.
KOLAT.COM Your 24/7 Wrestling Coach
Learn it Fast and Learn it Smart at KOLAT.COM