Coaching Background (level, year exp., etc.): I have been coaching high school varsity wrestling for 13 years. I also run a youth program during the off season.
Training Level: High School
Wrestling Style: Collegiate
Session Goal: The goal of this session is to help the new wrestlers understand as well as remind the older wrestlers of how important it is to maintain a good stance, position and motion while in the neutral position.
Approx. Warm-Up Time: 10 min
Warm-Up Design: A variety of functional movements will be performed that systematically serve to increase the heart rate and range of motion at each joint.
Approx. Technique/Drilling Time: 40 min
Technique/Drilling Design: Partner drilling will work best for this session.
- Stance and Motion Square Stance
- Stance and Motion Explanation of Motion in Square Stance
- Stand and Motion Explanation of Square Stance Use
- Stance and Motion Square Stance Shadow Wrestling
- Stance and Motion Sugar Foot Stance
- Stance and Motion Explanation of Motion in Sugar Foot
Approx. Live Wrestling: 25 min
Live Wrestling Design: Shark Bait
Conditioning Time: 30 min
Conditioning Design: Insanity Video - month one.