Coaching Background (level, year exp., etc.): High School, 20 years
Training Level: Youth
Wrestling Style: Collegiate
Part II - Top. The high school coaching staff along with the high school team will conduct a youth wrestling clinic. The goal is to introduce the young wrestlers to the fundamentals and some basic technique from each of the positions in wrestling. An earlier plan details the entire clinic. This plan will be specific to top work and will include video links.
Approx. Warm-Up Time: 20 min
Warm-Up Design: As described in previous plan the wrestlers will be taken through a series of dynamic movements to warm them up.
Approx. Technique/Drilling Time: 40 min
2nd Training Block: Top (Focus talk on Friendship, Loyalty, Cooperation)
- Fundamentals / drills = Discuss proper referee's position; win the whistle; eliminate space; head and hips back; control under the arms (don't drape); stay on toes to keep pressure on bottom man.
- Breakdowns = Tightwaist / far ankle; Drop shoulder / far ankle and knee; Arm Chop / tightwaist
- Technique = Breakdown to half and wrist (proper finish)
- Technique = Defense to half
- Technique = Breakdown to crossface cradle.
- Technique = Defense to cradle
- Top drils / games = Breakdown drill on whistle; sit and follow drill; Arm wrestling; Thumb wrestling; Mat Ball
- Wrist and Half Nelson Opponent Flat
- Getting Into the Cradle
- Tight Waist Chop Tie up Wrist to 1 on 1 - 2 on 1
- Defend Half Nelson Look Away
- Working Through All Breakdowns
- Sit and Follow
Approx. Conditioning Time: 15 min
Conditioning Design: Combination of wrestling drills; jog/sprints; cal etc