The following Critique of the Week was of the wrestler wearing BLACK:
1. Great shot off the whistle just wanted to highlight that this scoring opportunity presents itself usually once a match at the youth level. The best time I feel to hit this type of shot is anytime during the second or third period after going out of bounds, or any time there is a stoppage of the match and both wrestlers come back to the centerline. Wrestlers will tend to get lazy on the whistle so it’s important to always try and slip and easy scoring takedown in there.
2. Focus on killing your opponent’s base before running arm bars. Attempting the arm bar to early will only help take pressure off the bottom opponent. Please see following videos inside library: breakdown drill and weight on and circle drill
3. When looking at the freeze frame your opponent is fighting that arm bar to the extent he is now wide open for the half on the other side. When you make the change it’s hard and fast with the key being getting your chest in position to help you finish the half. Please see following videos inside of library: breakdown to arm bar half turn
1. Focus on not leaving your hand on the mat when hitting a switch this leaves you open for an arm bar. Please see following videos inside of library: clearing hand and inside leg (danger of not clearing hand) & exploding switch
KOLAT.COM Critique of the Week™ Video
Critique of the Week is a service provided to users of KOLAT.COM. If you are looking to have your wrestling analyzed by Cary to identify specific problems, areas that need work, or general analysis KOLAT.COM is here to help.
The Critique of the Week video on KOLAT.COM will appear on the homepage as well as in our blog where written evaluation with detailed comments will provide links to techniques and drills in the KOLAT.COM video library aimed at improving on problem areas identified in the video.
To submit a video for Critique of the Week Video™ please follow the guidelines below:
* Must be a registered user on KOLAT.COM.
* Upload your video to YouTube in high quality format (videos that are not clear will not be evaluated)
* Send a YouTube link to email@example.com with your user name and indentify the wrestler you wish to be critiqued, the age group and hometown.
**We have many requests for this service so there is no guarantee that your video will be selected. We select and analyze videos which will deliver the maximum benefit & learning experience for the individual as well as all our KOLAT.COM members.