Session will focus on scoring areas coming out of the NCAA tournament feet. Top NCAA set-ups and offensive takedown scoring will be focus of teaching. This will be all technique for this session of training camp. This session will branch into Double Leg and Ankle Pick both being the top 3 and 4 takedowns from the event.
Warm-Up 40 minutes
Focus will be simple fundamentals from the bottom defending top man rides. Training partner should be providing resistance.
- Defending the tight waist working to hip heist or stand-up
- Defending the ankle ride with weight on the foot working to hip heist or stand-up
- Clearing 2 on 1 when flat working back to hip heist or stand-up
- Sealing off catching hand control and working to your hip heist or stand-up, stress the hand behind your hips
Technique 45-55 minutes
Top 4 set-ups from the NCAA tournament incorporated with the following leg attacks:
- Level change go
- Heavy collar tie
- Arm post
- Touch & go
- Run it to a Turk
- Build up against the sprawl
- Opponent sprawls change off to single leg or high-c to win the position
- From the collar tie (not exactly the clip but same motion)
- From the underhook
- From the Russian tie
Depending on time left allow athletes open drill time.
Total Practice Time Approx. 90 Minutes
Copyright © 2015 Kolat.com LLC